Fiesta Soup recipe

0 Comments »
Journey to Homemaker

Fiesta Soup

I got this recipe from another homemaking blog. She had modified it from the original version she found on another blog, and I've modified it farther, I believe. I lost my copy of the recipe, so this is what I make, from memory. My apologies to the creator and the person who posted it on their site, wish I could give credit! It's pretty cheap and versatile, and even thought there's no meat, my husband likes it. I like to freeze the extra, if there is any!

1 small to medium onion, diced and sauteed (sometimes I substitute onion powder, to taste)
1 clove garlic, minced and sauteed (I often substitute garlic powder to taste)
1 can Pinto Beans, undrained
1 can Black Beans, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes (I like diced tomatoes with green chiles), undrained
1 can corn, undrained
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot sauce to taste, (optional)
1 additional can of beans, undrained (optional--I sometimes add a second can of corn if I add this can of beans)

1. Sautee onions til soft, add garlic, sautee a little longer.
2. Put onions and garlic in soup pot along with all canned ingredients.
3. Add additional seasonings as it cooks.
4. Simmer til it seems done to you, stirring often. The longer it simmers, the better it tastes.

I love this recipe. It is soooo easy, especially if you substitute seasonings instead of sauteeing the onion and garlic. It's really good and filling too.

0 Responses to "Fiesta Soup recipe"

Post a Comment