The Grocery Game?

1 Comments »

Many blogging homemakers have mentioned The Grocery Game. It is a website that you pay to join, and somehow helps you with couponing for your local stores. It's supposed to save time and money. Many people have raved about it. Now, I'm not much of a couponer. Coupons have died slow, crumpled, lint-covered, long-past-expiration-date deaths in the depths of my purse. I just am not in the habit of using them, so they are often forgotten. So I question whether the Grocery Game would be worth my while.

Another thought is that in my experience, most coupons are for name-brand convenience items that I don't normally buy for my family. The point of these coupons is to get you to switch brands or try a new product. I am trying to stay away from convenience foods, and when I do buy them, I buy store brands most of the time. Is this the case with the Grocery Game? Is this only for coupon-proficient, brand-buying moms?

Anyone with experience joining the Grocery Game is welcome to comment, and tell us about their experience, good and bad.

1 Response to "The Grocery Game?"

Chrissy Says :
11:33 AM

I'm not much into coupons either as I cook from scratch. BUT for items like toothpaste, mouthwash, and other personal care items, even papergoods, if you watch sales and frequent stores that double coupons, you can get items for cents on the dollar if not for free. Just a thought.

Post a Comment